What is the LaM system?
LaM is a patent pending system available for educators to use in their classrooms for free. It helps and encourages teachers to play a role in getting children to move more while enforcing the information presented in class.
For students, LaM achieve the following:
- Save children from the negative consequences associated with sedentary habits
- Create the optimal brain conditions for them to learn while having fun.
This is achieved by by dividing a long lesson into smaller parts and quizzing the learner throughout the lesson after each part with an activity quiz. An activity quiz is a quiz which can be answered with a body movement.
LAM offers teachers the following tools and features:
- Create courses
- Create lessons
- Embed supporting material with each lesson such as pictures and videos
- Create activity quizzes
- Grade quizzes
Why learn and move?
- It can strengthen the Corpus Callosum which is the connection between the two hemispheres of the brain
- It can reverse the imbalance in neurotransmitters caused by sedentary lifestyle and prolonged sitting
- It can refresh the cerebellum which improves flow of information and posture
- It can activate the fat burning enzymes in the blood
- Movement improves insulin sensitivity
- Helps with ADHD and ADD
- Helps some cases with Autism
- Improves attention in all learners
- Helps in the memorization of the information presented
- Improve circulation and blood flow to the brain
- Relieves anxiety